Selected varieties of the seed potatoes we sell come from the production of the following Czech companies:
- Selekta Pacov a.s.
- EUROPLANT šlechtitelská, spol. s r.o.
Our seed potatoes are provided during the B degree of propagation – seed potatoes meant to grow potatoes for consumption. Each bag of seed potatoes has to be labeled with a tag that is official confirmation of the potatoes’ certification. The tag contains information that allows you to look up all tests and lets you know where the potatoes were grown.
Seed potatoes are sold in the fall, October to November, and in the spring, February to April. Potatoes are available for personal pick up at Fritpom s.r.o. Mánesova 1382, Lipník nad Bečvou. Larger amounts will be delivered to your address.
Seed potatoes are divided into several groups based on their age:
- Very early variety – a vegetation period of 90 days, designated for immediate consumption
- Early variety – a vegetation period of 100 to 110 days, designated for immediate consumption and storage
- Semi-early variety – a vegetation period of 120 to 130 days, designated for long-term storage
- Late variety – a vegetation period of more than 130 days, mostly for industrial processing
- Seed potatoes may not be treated against sprouting